I want to be a referee or player!
Sign up and we will contact you with more information about try on (prova på) and our Fresh Meat program starting spring 2017.
What do I need to join?
All participants are required to wear all of the following protective gear:
- Elbow pads
- 4 wheel (quad) roller skates (Inlines are not allowed)
In some cases we might be able to lend you some extra gear, but be sure to ask us in advance.
How good do I need to be able to skate? Do I need to be a seasoned skater?
No, most of us started off knowing little to nothing about skating. However, we require some basic skating skills to join our freshmeat program:
- Step side to side, front and backwards
- Jump with both feet leaving the ground, side to side and also forward
- Glide on one foot for more than 3 meters
- Get up from knees without using hands while skating (aka kneetaps)
- Weave beteween cones that are set 1,5 meters apart
- Skate in derby position
- Be comfortable skating with people around you
- Know the basics of how rollerderby is played – coming to our scrimmages and learning to NSO is a very good way of achiving this.
- The basic rules of rollerderby – we play according to the WFTDA most recent ruleset: https://rules.wftda.com/
Other things that aren’t musts but are desirable:
- Skate backwards
- Weaving around people
- Some NSO-experience (talk to our referees about this)
How can I get ready for the fresh meat program?
Skate, skate and skate some more! The more comfortable you are on wheels, the faster you will forget about the fact that you are on wheels and you’ll be able to work on learning the game. Watch YouTube tutorials and skate as much as you can! Also work on your off skate fitness right away – focus on core and leg strength and increase your endurance.
If you want to be part of our non skating official crew, email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive information on how to get started.