I want to be a referee or player!
Sign up and we will contact you with more information about try on (prova på) and our Fresh Meat program starting summer 2018.
What do I need when I join in on the fun?
All participants are required to wear all of the following protective gear:
- Elbow pads
- 4 wheel (quad) roller skates (Inlines are not allowed for players)
In some cases we might be able to lend you some extra gear until you can get your own, but be sure to ask us in advance.
More about skating gear
How good do I need to be able to skate? Do I need to be a seasoned skater?
No, most of us started off knowing little to nothing about skating.
However, in order to play official games, you need to meet the Minimum skills requirements Skating & Minimum Skills
- In short here are the things you will need to learn in order to play Roller Derby
- Learn to skate well enough to pass minimum skills
- Know the basics of how rollerderby is played – coming to our scrimmages and learning to NSO is a very good way of achiving this.
- The basic rules of rollerderby – we play according to the WFTDA most recent ruleset: https://rules.wftda.com/
Other things that aren’t musts but are desirable:
- Skate backwards
- Weaving around people
- Some NSO-experience (talk to our referees about this)
How can I get ready for the fresh meat program?
Skate, skate and skate some more! The more comfortable you are on wheels, the faster you will forget about the fact that you are on wheels and you’ll be able to work on learning the game. Watch YouTube tutorials and skate as much as you can! Also work on your off skate fitness right away – focus on core and leg strength and increase your endurance.
If you want to be part of our non skating official crew, email email@example.com and you will receive information on how to get started.